The way employees communicate and collaborate has changed substantially in recent years. Employee engagement software has been trending more and more within workplaces, and for a good reason. Research shows that companies with engaged employees outperform those without by a whopping 202%.
What is an Employee Engagement App?
We’re used to using communication apps in our everyday lives: we use social media, chat tools, and news and weather apps. We are used to getting most of the information we need in our daily lives from our smartphones.
For frontline workers, for example, smartphones are often the only way to get the news about their companies. In fact, a recent study found that over 83% of frontline workers don’t even have a corporate email address, and 45% don’t even have access to a desktop when at work.
With that in mind, many organizations nowadays realize they need to turn to mobile workplace technology in order to keep their employees engaged and informed.
In the workplace, there are many different employee engagement apps we can use. In short, employee engagement apps are modern mobile communications and engagement software that improve alignment and productivity by simplifying communications at work, connecting employees, and enabling them to receive targeted and timely information from their organization.
For that exact reason, it is of the utmost importance that you choose the right Corporate Giving Platform that not only aligns with your beliefs, but also seamlessly connects every individual in an intuitive way.
Top Reasons to Implement an Employee Engagement App
Now that we’ve established the purpose of employee engagement software, let’s look at the reasons to implement one at your company:
• Improved collaboration
• Engage workers
• Unlock true employee advocacy
• Reduce information overload and improve employee wellbeing
• Get access to valuable data and insights on how engaged employees are
In the sea of workplace technology available today, it can be difficult to understand all the different solutions out there. The most important thing to remember when choosing a platform for your company is to look for a comprehensive solution that integrates with your existing tech stack.
Let us look into which features and functionalities to look for!
What to look for in a Corporate Giving Platform?
Here is a list of the most important features a modern platform must include:
• Content personalization and localization based on employees’ job functions, locations, spoken languages, and their interests
• Employee advocacy features with gamification capabilities to make sharing content easy and fun for employees
• Charitable Giving to maximize impact
• Access without email address to make the app accessible for desk-less workers
• Chat to boost collaboration
• Slick mobile-first design to ensure a pleasant user experience
• Surveys and polls to help managers gather feedback on employee wellbeing
• Instant push notifications to alert employees about emergencies and content acknowledgement to ensure that these messages are being read
• Seamless integrations with other internal systems to ensure employees can access all the important information through their app
• Advanced analytics to help admins better understand employees and improve their communications efforts